POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : MegaPov slope-dependent textures : Re: MegaPov slope-dependent textures Server Time
5 Sep 2024 10:30:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPov slope-dependent textures
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 13 Jan 2001 09:29:03
Message: <3A60662D.FBDFCBE5@gmx.de>
Marc-Hendrik Bremer wrote:

> If there is no other easy way, that would be quite usefull IMHO.  If it
> would be possible to specify a "delay" for the slope dependent texture that
> would suffice, I think. There should be a way to specify what should be
> delayed (positiv/nagative or no slope), too. But I'm no programmer (at least
> not in C), so I'll have to wait and see ....

I'm not sure what you mean by "delay".  The internal version i thought of
could just test, whether there is some part of the object 'above' a point
and select the right texture.

I don't know how your object is shaped, but if there is only 'one layer of
overhangs', you could use a translated object pattern to simulate it.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>